The first week of March Aliya Juel started it off with croup. A few days later she got a bladder infection. Then a few days after that she fell backwards out of the car, while sitting on the side of her carseat, from my Ford Escape, onto the back of her head. She immediately started screaming so we ran in Target for some Tylenol and an attempted ice pack to the head. Aliya continued to cry and cuddle on my shoulder for about 15 minutes when I put her in the cart so I could look at her eyes and check on her. We went to the toy section and I was offering her Cabbage patch dolls, strollers, strawberry shortcake, princess anything. She said no to it all and then all of the sudden zoned into space and wasn't responding to my hand waving in front of her face. At this moment my fear kicked in and I started bawling, I had bad thoughts in my head and knew she needed to be checked out. I picked her up, grabbed Jaxon and butted a very nice mom to pay for the Tylenol and Ice pack. We hopped in the car and drove straight to the children's hospital. Her eyes were really heavy and she wasn't saying anything, in between the bursts of extreme crying. We kept the window down and tried to sing songs really loud in between my crocodile tears. Jaxon had some guilt that he didn't tell me she was leaning on the door and had the fear she was going to die. I called Grandpob and he grabbed Jaxon before we even finished checking into the ER.
We got checked into a room and she fell into a very deep sleep. Nurse said it was ok if I was holding her. The dr came I. Poked and prodded her and she slept right through it. Dr thought he saw some blood behind her right ear. They ordered a CT scan to see for cracked skull or blood in the brain. Everything came back clear. Aliya Juel just suffered from a concussion. So after 3+ hours we were on our way.
Aliya was still very quiet and in pain so we headed straight to the store to buy the playhouse she wanted, lucky for me it was only $45. We came home and took it easy for the rest of the evening in her new playhouse. She slept 13 hours and woke up as though nothing ever happened. I am glad we had her checked out and very grateful that it was just a concussion. It was the scariest moment of my motherhood years. It happened so fast I couldn't even slow her fall a little, and I was right there.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment