Thursday, February 18, 2010

Jaxon at 3 1/2

Jaxon is feeling better, but enjoying staying home one more day. Dylan has been sick the past 2 days as well so he has LOVED being with him. He has finally learned the importance of a space bubble. Aliya has also enjoyed having Dylan around. She will just sit and stare at him. I am returning back to work tomorrow, wether they are coughing or not :-)
Jaxon is at a great age. I love seeing him trying to sound out words. We have a book to help teach him to read and have yet to start it. I think he is ready so we will begin that in the next few weeks. He loves to practice all things academic. He is still very much a 3 1/2 year old, just a smart one.
On another note he loves is sister so much that he smoothers her. It is wonderful and terrible at the same time. He is always so concerned for her that he is constantly giving her smoothering hugs and kisses. I guess I will take that over hitting.
Jaxon is very shy, some of you that know him may not believe me. But he is like me in that area. Very slow to warm up, needs someone by him until the situation is comfortable. Once he knows you and is comfortable he becomes a very fun, yet rambunctious little boy.
He is sleeping in his own room and earns $1 for every night he sleeps in there all night without sneaking in our bed... He currently has $3 to go towards a Zhu Zhu car.
Jaxon is better at following directions at home, then when others are around. He definitely knows he can get away with more when others are watching/judging.
He continues to love gymnastics, but is still not to the point where he does the whole class without me. I do the warm up with him and then he will do the rest by himself, usually. It has been really good for him to get out of his comfort zone, especially when it comes to trying new things. Jax has always been a very cautious kid, will check out a slide up, down, in, and out for 10 minutes or so before, if at all, he goes down the slide. He won't jump without feeling the ground first. I am grateful for this with a boy, yet also encourage him to have confidence. Once again trying to find that balance.
Jaxon is such a handsome little boy with such a sweet heart, he comforts me often. I have been having a hard and emotional time with Juel recently and he will hug me and tell me everything will be OK. I try to do it behind closed doors but as of lately it has been a little harder. He has such a big heart and hates seeing others hurt.
Jaxon loves his friends. Some of his ongoing favorites are ALL his cousins, Parker and Morgan.
Jaxon is such an "awesome" addition to our family.
We love him to the stars and back infinity times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment