Thursday, May 6, 2010

Jaxon is learning how to read and much more

I have recently started to work with Jaxon on learning how to read. We are only 8 lessons into it and he has read a few books (very short Cat, Sam etc books). But we are still so proud. He gets so excited and proud. He had to tell his babysitter as soon as we got to her house this morning and then when we got home he said he wanted to read then take a rest. That was a proud moment. Usually he wants to watch a show right before nap time. I love him so much. He is such a fun kid to be around. For quite some time Jaxon was a hitter, now he is kid that walks away (most of the time). He has taken a lot of huge steps in growing up recently. When kids hit, kick, or act out aggressively he usually chooses to walk away, he asks them to stop nicely. Some other big steps he has taken involve his confidence; for the past year I have had to do warm up with him in gymnastics, for the past 5 weeks he has done it all on his own. His coach commented on how good he is doing and how is continually improving. I sit on the side beaming as I watch how brave he is doing it without me by his side. In soccer he runs with his team with my on the side, last fall I had to hold his hand. He is also going down slides, this has been a HUGE issue for him his whole life. We would have to force him down, kicking and crying, then he would go down it after. He would have to study the slide and psych himself up to go for quite sometime, if he would even go at all. He is venturing out of his shell, while still sticking close to his mama. He tells baby how proud he is of her, he cheers her on all day long. Jaxon is getting better at not being lazy when he talks, he will usually correct himself. Jaxon is also signing really well. A favorite sign in our house is "focus". I use it quite frequently and he will instantly focus and calm down. He also uses on me when I choose to tune him out. It is really cute. Jaxon is also venturing out in his food, he LOVES oranges all of a sudden. We are going to start adding greens to smoothies in hopes to give him more nutrients beside with a vitamin. I am a proud and lucky mom of an amazing little boy.

1 comment: