
I have dreaded this day for the past 14 years. My daughter just text messaged me asking about her birthfather. AAAHHHHHH! I promised myself and her 14 years ago that I would never say a bad thing about him. Because after all he gave me my angel and changed my life forever, for the better. I asked her what she wanted to know and she said anything. This is going to be a very difficult email, I was always so happy that she was content with just having me in her life. I am glad though that she has waited this long as he has been out of the picture for so long. He has contacted me twice in the past 14 years. The first time was 6 years ago and we made plans to go visit her in Texas. Her parents and I decided to not tell Krissie as to not let her down if plans fell through. Sure enough he backed out 3 days before. That was the last I heard of him until 2 months ago. This most recent time I told him that I was not going to tell her he was asking about her and keep it open until she asked about him. Well the day came today. Now off to compose a very well thought out email. It is going to be hard to put him in such a light that he does not deserve but she does. This is part of being a birth mom, protecting the ones you love.
Sounds like a hard thing to be going through. I don't know who the birth father is, but I think you are good to try and only speak kindly about him to her. I also think you should be honest with her about him being a person who falls through on thing just in case he lets her down in the future at least she would know up front that it isn't her, but the person he is. Good luck with figuring out what to say.
ReplyDeleteGood luck....love ya!
ReplyDelete