Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Jaxon is 4

Jaxon at 4 years...
Weight 34 # 33%
Height 40 1/4 in 44%

Better late than never...
Jaxon is my best little buddy, we have so much fun together laughing and playing. He is growing up so much, since he started preschool he has made leaps and bounds socially. Jaxon has always been slow to warm up and some may perceive him as being rude, but in reality he just is nervous and doesn't want to talk to you at the moment. I have learned that those that give him time to adapt to his new surroundings get along with him best. Since preschool he has lost a lot of that in certain situations. I am so proud of him everyday with who he is becoming. I have always felt he is a sweet boy, but now others can see that as well. His preschool teachers commented that Jaxon has made the most progress of any kids as far as paying attention and following directions. Jaxon has decided he wants to be a leader and help the other kids learn and do things. He encourages his friends to be polite by saying please and excuse me, it makes me so proud. Jaxon is very good at math, he adds toys that he plays with and often asks me and tells me "good job mom" you are so good. He has taken the lead on math, I think he has taken his mom's and dad's genes on that and math will always come easy to him. We are still working on loving Aliya, she likes her space bubble (as did Jaxon) and does not want to many loves and absolutely does not want him to pick her up.
I am absolutely in love with Jaxon every single day!!!

***I am the most indecisive person when it comes to Jaxon and kindergarten. I was set on him going just after he turned 6., now I don't know. I am going to apply for a charter school this year and if he gets in then we can decide in the spring what we will do. I don't want to let the opportunity of him getting into the charter school pass me by, then if he doesn't get in we can try again next year since it is a lottery. His preschool teachers said he would do fine but will give a better recommendation in a few months. She said charter school would be a great option due to the class size being so much smaller. Only reason I would want him to wait a year is socially and attention span trends of boys with summer birthdays. I would love to hear any of your experiences with boy summer birthdays being youngest and oldest. ebpotts@yahoo.com
Jaxon earned the "Super Bee" at preschool for Super "Bee"havior. He has tried so hard and was so proud to show me and we had to go to Dad's work to show him. Way to go Jaxon!!


1 comment: