Thursday, September 2, 2010

Jaxon's first day of preschool

Jaxon started preschool. We changed our choice in preschools at the last minute. Nap time took priority and after meeting the teacher, we just weren't feeling it. The preschool we did pick Jaxon loved within three minutes of visiting to check it out. He really liked Miss Sarah and and said he wanted to go there. So the next day we returned, I was prepared to have to stay for half the class and have to walk away to a crying child because Jaxon is so shy, only until he is warmed up. I was wrong, I walked up with the class, in the back, and Jaxon made friends quickly. We got up to the class and I left within 2 minutes. No tears were shed on his end, I have to admit I got teary-eyed because I was so proud at how brave and confident he was. 

He was being a complete goofball when I was taking pictures.
His new Buzz shoes
Jax holding his mouse to remind that he has to be quiet as a mouse on his way into the classroom. 
And I am off.
A long 2.5 hours later a picked him up. As the class was walking out I could see the happiness in my little boys face. He was so happy to say Hi as soon as he saw me, he had a hard time not being allowed to run to me. Very ecstatically Jaxon replayed his day and showed me what they did. He said he wanted to go back to his preschool again another day, then he called his dad to share his excitement of his first day of preschool. We are glad that he likes it and hope that this remains a positive experience and am glad we found a great preschool that is only 2 days a week. I really want to keep it minimal since he will be in school for the rest of his life and for selfish reasons because I love being with him. One of the days he goes is the day I work so really it is just one time a week I will miss him.

1 comment:

  1. He is a total goofball. I love all of his faces. He looks just like you.

    ReplyDelete