Friday, March 19, 2010

I feel so violated

I feel completely violated. My FB account and my email, with all my finances, receipts and such were hacked into. They sent a bogus email and IM's to family and friends using a sob story that I was mugged at gunpoint and needed to borrow money. It was a wake up call on how vulnerable we are by technology. I spent most of the day calling credit card companies, signing papers at the bank, and frantically e-mailing facebook and yahoo. I was and am still completely freaked out that he has everything, DOB, address, secrets, etc. The bank advised me to check my credit every few months for the next few years. This person had set up a Western Union account using my birthday etc. Please take a few minutes and remove birthday, city, and any other personal info from emails and facebook. He got in and changed my passwords so I could not stop him from doing anything. I actually chatted on IM on another FB account to get a little info on what steps I needed to start taking to protect myself and my family. I have regained access to my e-mail and saw what he sent to my contacts. It makes me so angry that someone violated me like that. Please everyone be careful.

2 comments: