Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 3 in Cincinatti... Aquarium

Today we headed to the Aquarium, which was also amazing. Aliya loved the fish and I loved watching my daughters bond. We watched the shark feeing which was pretty cool. Then we headed to Montgomery Inn (1 of the 3 Cincinnati must eats). It was pretty good and was right on the Ohio River so had a great view. 
Later that night Aliya was sound asleep, I had just laid my head on the pillow as I hear a very loud siren. This was not the siren of a fire truck, this was a siren that i knew was a warning to something that I didn't want to be laying in bed for. Wes came in panicked and told me to grab Aliya and that we all needed to head downstairs until we get the all clear that everything is alright. The siren lasted 5 minutes and would go off every 10 minutes, oh did I mention it was 12:30...AM. We all piled downstairs and turned on the news. Krissie very calmly, but freaked out, gathered a backpack with flashlights, water and snacks. She also grabbed extra clothes for Aliya and shoes for me. This is nothing I have ever experienced so I was quite nervous. I was texting Katelyn and Jer, not knowing what the night was going to bring for us. I was not scared for my life, but I have to admit that I did imagine the house being swept away and not having cell service, me in a new city, with Aliya. Yes, lots of scared thoughts ran through my head. We turned on the news and watched as the tornado was getting closer and closer to where we were. We watched the sky light up for multiple seconds at a time, then would feel the house shake from thunder. We did this for over an hour, then the news said it will be in Cleves in about 3 minutes, everyone go to your cellar and prepare for the worst. Well we are about 2 miles from cleves. We all climbed into the bathroom, I passed Aliya to Carol so I could run up and grab a few more things. I peeked my head outside and witnessed pouring rain and trees blown down sideways. I panicked inside my head but remained calm and I nervously laughed as there was 6 of us piled into the bathroom for about 15 minutes, Wes in the shower. Then it was over, everything was fine and we went to bed. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment