I had the wonderful opportunity to take Aliya Juel to Cincinnati to meet her sister Krissie. It was amazing. I will post per day, I took over 700 hundred pictures so it will take me awhile to decide which ones to post. Aliya was great on the plane and during the whole week. Her naps came when it was convenient with our busy schedule. She slept great and LOVED her sister. She warmed up to Krissie in about 2 minutes, the rest of the family it took much longer. I had amazing talks with Krissie, I am seriously the luckiest birth mother out there to have the relationship that I do with my daughter. I plan to journal extensively on here for personal reasons so that I can remember every last detail. I would not be where I am today if this wasn't part of my journey, and I couldn't have made it through this journey without my mom, my three amazing sisters, and some of my dearest friends that have supported me through all of this. Who have let me cry over margaritas as I let my mouth blab about what an amazing week I had. I am so happy with where I am today and where my relationship is with Krissie. It is absolutely amazing.
Day 1: Aliya Juel and I flew into Cincinnati and the Krissie's family picked us up. It was so nice to see Krissie, the last time I saw her was four years ago when she came to visit with her dad to meet Jaxon. She has grown up from a little girl into a beautiful young woman. We climbed in the car and Aliya was saying Krissie and had already bonded with her, which was amazing because it took her a few days to warm up to Wes and Carol and the whole week to not be completely terrified of Bryce. We went home and sat and talked and then I made them dinner. Within an hour of being there Wes asked about Josh, Krissie's birthfather. I knew this was coming and just told her what I knew about where he was and that I told him how amazing and beautiful she was. I told her that he called me a few years ago and apologized for being out of the picture and that he wanted to meet her. Well he never followed through and now emails me periodically to let me know where he is, per my request so I know he is alive and so I can keep Krissie in the know if she ever wants to meet him. Krissie asked me to request he write her a letter and send it through me, she is not ready for him to know where she lives, but does want to meet him one day. I have not heard back from him on this request and hope that he will come through on this for her. She doesn't want him to ever hurt her, as her brother has been let down by his birthfather. Bryce and Krissie both have great relationships with their birthmothers.
No comments:
Post a Comment