We had a very hard down pour of rain today so we decided to stay inside and help Carol get organized from moving and trying to live in a temporary residence. We KICKED butt and had 4 HUGE bags of junk to give away... that was until Wes decided he needed to go through it and wanted to keep more than half. WHAT?! He didn't even know any of it existed, so we decided to keep a few items and sneak the rest out. Later on the girls needed a break so we went out and braved the rain to go to the post office. Carol went in and Krissie and I sat in the car and talked about our situation. She had a few questions about her birthfather and asked for me to get recent pictures of him. She also asked me questions about how I felt about our situation. Krissie is very mature for a 14 year old. She told me how grateful she was for me giving up my own happiness for hers, she told me that she admired me and has learned from my mistakes I made. I am so proud of the young woman she has become. She also wrote a paper for school about who she admired most... AMAZING!!! I am so lucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment